Responder

Dol De Bretagne marriage record

zanzigirl
zanzigirl
Volunteer moderator
Madeleine was baptized according to the Anglican use 3 weeks after her birth in Guernsey. The parents then came back to France and decided to marry and legitimise their daughter.

It seems that Simon Remy was indeed her father.

There's no mention of a conversion.
Modératrice bénévole sans lien de subordination avec Geneanet / Volunteer moderator with no subordination to Geneanet.
shellbell
female
Modo de introdução: Gráfico
Navegação: Gráfico
Ver a árvore genealógica
Thank you. You're a star. I'm glad we have the french records. Theres no hope of finding the Guernsey birth as no Channel Island records online as far as I can tell.
ericdubois
male
Volunteer moderator
Navegação: Texto
Ver a árvore genealógica
It's a baptism "sous condition". Since people cannot be baptized twice in the Catholic religion, priest will perform this if there's a possibility that the child was baptized before. It's basically like saying "if this child wasn't properly baptized before, he/she is baptized now". It's typically done if a midwife baptized the child because of a risk of imminent death. This is the first time I've seen it for a mixed religion case, but I don't have many of those in my tree.
shellbell
female
Navegação: Gráfico
Ver a árvore genealógica
Thank you Eric,
I'm so grateful for all the information you all provide. All the extra little bits of info are really helpful and definitely appreciated.
Responder

Voltar para “France”