Responder

Walters immigration when Germany was not a country 1800 period

robertases
male
Modo de introdução: Texto
Navegação: Texto
Ver a árvore genealógica
I am looking for John Walters. I believe his father immigrated from a German speaking country because he and his siblings spoke German. It was said that he or his father came from German decent since they all spoke German. We know some of these walters settled in Kansas. John Walters settled in Bent, (Nogales Canyon), Otero County, New Mexico. We have no idea who these relatives from Kansas were except they visited when my grandmother was still a child (about 1904-1922). She couldn't remember where in Kansas, but she did say that they spoke in German.

We know that John Walters enlisted in the California regiment INFantry 5, company A during the Civil War. He mustard out in New Mexico. I know that some German speaking people imigrated to Pennsylvania. Would there have been other ways of coming to America. What countries spoke German. Was there a massive immigration to the US during the 1800's. If so why?. Any answers or connections would be appreciated.
cathy28
female
Modo de introdução: Gráfico
Navegação: Gráfico
Ver a árvore genealógica
Many German younger son's didn't inherite large sums of money-that went mainly to the oldest son.Germany depending where,had no more room for farming-eather you moved East ward or find a country where land was cheeper.
The 49ers of Germany came due to politics and religius matters.When Prussia tried unitiying Old Lutheran to Potestant,many wouldn't stand for it.Every area changed at a differnt rate,even in Posen Germany(Poland) it was occassional noted person -Old Lutheran.
Many came to Wisconsin in church groups from many areas.In the USA some states advertized at exit points-ports in Germany,Wisconsin started before Minnesota at doing this,other states would make it sound as if the colder states were not as healthy,so health reports entered into the mix.
There is an active message board of Walters surname at ancestry.com,and you may want to find an Kansas board there too to post info at.I've posted in Walters & NY boards for my husbands family.German speaking countries-Austria,Prussia had many places -in many areas.
If you know what church your ancestor used in USA-some listed where family lived where in Germany,some in church death book may list where from.Obite if found may list where from,if lucky other then from germany,name of place can be also spelt wrong.
Have you googled Walters Kansas?You may find Walters genealogy doing this.
Don't forget Libraries and Historical Societies may have news papers,obite indexes,County history books-relitive may be found in them,Historical Society may have an Genealogy group-don't forget to try out on the internet-many have web sites.
Being I don't know what state or relitives settled in,Yahoogroups.com have genealogical groups,that may be of help,free and at ancestorhunters they have links to every state in USA and members from different countries -some in the group belong to pay sites and will do lookup and most every thing comes to you free.Well I'm wishing you lots of luck and happy hunting.
Responder

Voltar para “Germany”