Responder

Translation of French Military Papers

Discussions regarding the occupation of our ancestors.
brent
brent
Modo de introdução: Gráfico
Navegação: Gráfico
Ver a árvore genealógica
I have, in my possession, a document that has just recently been opened by a museum here in Atlantic Canada. This document pertains to an ancestor of mine, Gilles Pierre Jacques Guinchard. He was born on Aug 31, 1829 at St Père Marc en Poulet, d'Ille et Vilaine, Bretagne, France.  He also served in the French Navy and fought in the Crimean War. Each sailor of that time had a military log, that they carried with then wherever they went. It documented, ships they sailed on, uniforms given etc. I am looking for some suggestions as to where I might be able to have these documents looked at to see what kind of information that can be retrieved from them. I am also looking for the orgins of this surname. Thanks for any help.
Cheers
BRENT
frsgenty
frsgenty
Modo de introdução: Gráfico
Navegação: Gráfico
Ver a árvore genealógica
Hi Brent,
I saw you have  in your possession, a document in French, you wish to have translated
I am French and have been living in the UK for 21 years now. I have been working in a College for the last 21 years and have done many translations since being in the country.
I will happily help you if you haven't had any reply.
You can contact me on my own email: [email protected]
If you wish, you could scan your document and send it to me, I am free at the moment and can send you this translation as soon it is done.
Best regards
Françoise
Responder

Voltar para “Occupations”