Responder

Buisson de Saint Rémy

gooskensp
male
Modo de introdução: Gráfico
Navegação: Gráfico
Ver a árvore genealógica
I have a french direct ancestor (5 generations) called Jean Buisson de Saint Rémy. He was born Dec 26th, 1787 in Arles. He was a deserter from the army of Napoleon.
Some dutch source mentioned that the family Buisson de Saint Rémy was of nobility. But I can’t find anything about the surname Buisson de Saint Rémy in France. I just wonder does anyone here heard of that family name or knows which resources I could see?

Merci beaucoup,
Philip Gooskens
The Netherlands
femuse
femuse
Did you consider that the Buisson family was originally from the town of Saint Rémy, and later on added "de Saint Rémy" to the name, to differentiate them from other Buissons ?

A search on geneanet returns many Buisson from many Saint Rémy [towns]:

some examples:

http://tinyurl.com/y23x8n85

The fact that you are premium should make it easier for you to do this search.
Le but de ce Forum est echange entre tous les membres.
Merci de ne ne pas me contacter par messagerie avec des demandes d'aide.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Si ne répond pas a votre question du forum, cela n'est pas parceque je vous ignore,
c'est simplement que je n'ai pas reçu de notification.
:evil:
gooskensp
male
Ver a árvore genealógica
Indeed I assumed that the Buisson family originally came from Saint Rémy. My ancestor was born in Arles in 1787, Saint Rémy is not far away from Arles, so it’s tempting to think the family has its roots in the Provence.
Anyway thank you for giving me inspiration to continue further with my genealogical search.
chmidelear
male
Ver a árvore genealógica
Hello,

Why a Birth in 1787 ?

This document says he was born in 1791 : https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33S7-9Y1N-Y1?cc=1498335&wc=M6KR-836%3A64395401%2C64571501

His mother's name seems to be DELEVOIRE and not DE RIVOIRE

Anyway, it will be a difficult search…

Also, I have serious doubts about an origin in the french nobility : this name is unknown and don't forget he was just a common rifleman deserting the french army

Christian
gooskensp
male
Ver a árvore genealógica
Christian, thanks for your message.

The birth year 1787 I got from a dutch genealogical magazine called ‘De Nederlandsche Leeuw’ (1913). It was an article on foreign noble families in the dutch indies. ( https://www.knggw.nl/raadplegen/de-nederlandsche-leeuw/1913-31/157/ )
Indeed the document you linked to showed a birth year 1791 and the surname of his mother seems to be Delevoire. Delevoire appears to be a real french surname. So that must be right. In 1820 Jean Buisson de Saint Rémy joined the dutch indies army, a kind of légion étrangère. The last place in France he lived in was Rocroy. I guess that must have been Rocroi in the french Ardennes.

Philip
akari63
female
Ver a árvore genealógica
Hi,

I think Arles is an approximate birth place. Arles city made a website where you can search all the birth/death registry by different entries, and there is no trace of a Buisson Jean or Georges or Amelie Delevoire or De Rivoire. http://actes.arles.fr/
There is a town called St Remy de Provence near Arles, maybe he added this particule from that city. There is no mention anywhere of this family name.
I only found the death of a Georges Buisson in Avignon, but he seems nothing like your Georges.
DE RIVOIRE is more common in the Provence area than DELEVOIRE.
Do you have any idea if that family was protestant ? That could explain why there is no mention of these people in registries.
Laurène ;)
gooskensp
male
Ver a árvore genealógica
Thank you. I don’t know if Jean Buisson de Saint Rémy was catholic but his children were.
The surname Buisson de Saint Rémy stays a mystery unfortunately.

If the last place he lived in was Rocroi in the french Ardennes and he was a deserter from the french army then there might be data of regiments or so in Rocroi in the periode 1815-1820 (General Grouchy and general Vandamme were in Rocroi during that period)
Responder

Voltar para “France”